The aim of „Europe for Citizens“ Programme is:
- To contribute to citizens’ understanding of the EU, its history and diversity;
- To foster European citizenship and to improve conditions for civic and democratic participation at EU level;
- To raise awareness of remembrance, common history and values;
- To encourage democratic participation of citizens at EU level, by developing citizens’ understanding of the EU policy making-process and, by promoting opportunities for societal and intercultural engagement and volunteering at EU level.
With a total budget of 185 million EUR for the period 2014-2020, this programme offers a financial support for activities dealing with:
- European remembrance– raising awareness of remembrance, common history, values and the aim of the EU
- Democratic engagement and civic participation – encouraging democratic and civic participation of citizens at Union level
- Town Twinning
- Networks of towns
- Civil society projects
The Programme guide, which applies for the whole duration of the Programme 2014 – 2020, intends to guide all interested persons through the different aspects of the programme. It has the status of a call for proposals.
For more information on the programme „Europe for Citizens“ or to download the Programme guide in your language please visit the official official website at http://eacea.ec.europa.eu/europe_for_citizens_en or contact your local Europe for Citizens Point.